Whenever there’s a race in my hometown, I get super jazzed. Remember the neon yellow and doodoo brown ‘Turkey Trot’ hoodie I wore with pride like an Olympic medal because it took place practically in my back yard? Well dust off those ugly Christmas sweaters, and get Santa a good SPF because we’re about to have Christmas in July here in the Chicago suburb of
practically Iowa Lisle, July 18th and 19th.
The event will be a health and wellness expo held at Lisle Community Park (literally steps from the Metra, so you city people don’t have to act like you’re trekking across the earth to the wilderness known as the ‘Western Suburbs’) and will feature a totally FREE kids fun-run complete with bib, medal, and T-shirt…a 5k, 10k, 6hour, 12 hour race, and a 24 hour race for you super awesome road beasts out there.
Here’s some other info from the event…
- Fun run (kids races) are FREE and all participants will receive an AWESOME medal, a t-shirt, a bib. 2 runs – Friday night and Saturday night 30 minutes before 5K/10K.
- Evening races on both Friday and Saturday nights: 5K – Friday at 8:00, 10K – Saturday at 7:30 PM
- Ultra timed events, All start on Friday night kicking off with 24 Hour from 10 PM – 10 PM Saturday; 12 Hour 11:00 PM – 11:00 AM, and 6 hour 12 AM – 6 AM.
- Ultras – no DNF – run as much or as little as you like! All participants get an award plus get cotton/poly wicking shirt AND hoodie!
- Fully stocked aid station with meals served for ultras. Water, electrolyte drink, and snacks at the 5k/10k aid station.
- Wellness festival
- 5k and 10k participants get a cotton/poly wicking shirt, a tech hat, and medal.
- Overall and age group awards.
For more info and to register head over to the official ‘Christmas in July‘ website. Online registration ends 7/13/14 and code ‘JustARoad10’ will get you 10% off your entry. The courses are great, Lisle is a an awesome running community and I can’t wait to see you guys there!
Here’s a look at the 5k course. I’ve run this course 4,328,993 times and it’s fast. Very fast.